3 suggestions

Please use this forum to note any problems you are having with using this site. We're new to the software here, so there's always a chance we didn't set everything up just right. Your patience and feedback is appreciated,

3 suggestions

Postby stephanmoll » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:42 am

Norm,

Good morning. Thank you for creating the Forum. It has the potential for some good and educational thought exchange.

I note that that people who are NOT registered CAN (appropriately) read the text in the "public" "Turning in" or "Questions" sections, but they CANNOT view the images. Can you change that? The images are, of course, part of the blog entry and make the blog interesting and attractive - there is, I would think, no reason to keep them from being visible to non-registered visitors, is there?

I don't know who the general WGNC webmaster is. Can he/she add a link to the Forum in the menu bar?

Finally, do you know of a way that one can sign up for the forum to get automatic email notifications when somebody has posted something? That avoids having to go to the forum every so often and check whether s.th. new has been posted?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Stephan
Stephan Moll
Chapel Hill
stephanmoll
Active Posters

Re: 3 suggestions

Postby normcloutier » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:36 am

Great suggestions Stephan, and I will look into them.

This forum software had a few hundred settings options and I am learning as we go how to control them without conflict.

I wasn't aware the images were blocked. That's not intentional so let me see if I can do something about it.

I am the general webmaster for the main site and will add the link. As this was still a nascent project I had not considered it earlier.

There are settings in your profile that should allow automated "subscription" to topics you have posted. I had this set up at first to do that automatically for all users/posts but someone complained about the noise factor. I have not had time to investigate all the options there but as I recall you should have good controls from that profile area.
normcloutier
Site Admin

Postby stephanmoll » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Feedback, Norm: non-registered visitors can still not view images associated with the otherwise publicly available posts. But may be that cannot be fixed.
Regards.
Stephan Moll
Chapel Hill
stephanmoll
Active Posters

Postby normcloutier » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 am

I finally found the setting to fix this! Guests can now see images. I had to give them "download" rights.
Sorry it took so long to figure that one out.
normcloutier
Site Admin

Return to Site problems